This was taken the last time he came home from a deployment.
1) How did you and your spouse meet? We had mutual friends..his roomate/friend was friends with my friend.
3) How long have you been together? 11 years 4 months and 4 daysish..but who is counting?
4) Where are you and your spouse originally from? I'm from La quinta, Ca and he's from..Washington I guess...he's moved around a bit.
5) How did you feel about him joining the military? He was already in the Marines (Oorah!) before we met.
6) Where did your spouse go to Basic Training? San Diego, I think?
7) Has your spouse ever been deployed? Three times to Iraq, once to Afghanistan and a TDY to South Korea.
8) Ever been to his promotion ceremony? Yes, in 06'.
9) How long have you been a military wife? 11 years.
10) Did you marry him before or after he joined? After..
11) How did your husband propose? It is not a tear worthy story at all. So I shall skip this one lol
12) Where did you get married? A chapel in Las Vegas..I wanted to go through one of those drive through chapels (any amount of attention on me is too much) but he didn't want to.
This was taken at the airport before he was deployed to South Korea for 14.5 months.
13) How old were you two when you got married? I was 22 and he was 21. Babies.
14) Did he wear his uniform on his wedding day? No, not sure why.
15) Where are you and your spouse currently stationed? Nowhere..his last base was Carson though.
16) Do you live on base? We have a few times but then again we've only been stationed somewhere together 3 times, one in which it was only for 14 months. We have not led the typical military 'adventure'.
17) How long were you married when you had to go through your first separation? One week. Not as awesome as it sounds living in the middle of nowhere and no transportation and knowing nobody /sarcasm
18) What is your favorite base so far? I don't have one..I only have lived on three and they all had their cons and pros. But where would I have liked to have gone???? JAPAN.
This was taken the day we got keys to our house
19) Do you think your spouse looks good in his uniform? I guess. I don't understand that whole cliche of the attraction of a 'man in uniform'.
20) Do you think military life is more advanced than civilian life? Not sure what this means.
21) Do you like the benefits you receive as a military dependent? Cheap insurance, discounts and commissary privileges? You bet.
22) Do you have a lot of military wife friends? No.. I felt like I didn't have much in common with them as most of them are nearly young enough to be my kid (kidding, sort of) and they all have kids of which I do not have.
23) What is the hardest part of the military life? The deployments & the anxiety of a knock at your door when you weren't expecting someone.
24) Do you own military wife stuff? No, it is not something I wanted to advertise because he was gone more than half our marriage until last year.
25) Do you support your spouse as a member of the military? YES and no..I have a love/hate relationship with the army..