Sunday, October 7, 2012

Book review..

How to Bake a Perfect Life by Barbara O' Neal This is a story about a woman who takes in her daughters step child who seems to have been neglected a lot. But then an expected event happens to the girls father who is a soldier.

America's Cheapest Family Gets You Right on the Money: Your Guide to Living Better, Spending Less, and Cashing in on Your Dreams by Steve Economides This is the first frugal book I read and so it has a lot of good information about different ways to save money.


52 Projects: Random Acts of Everyday Creativity by Jeffrey Yamaguchi I received this book from the author many years ago. I've read it probably 4 times since I got it. It has a lot of fun ideas...some small projects..some bigger.

I Love Yous Are for White People: A Memoir by Lac Su This one of those 'can't put down books'. It's about a family that escapes war torn Vietnam to the United states. It seems once in the US Lac would have it all but his father is abusive.

The Lost Boy: A Foster Child's Search for the Love of a Family by Dave Pelzer I am a huge fan of Dave Pelzer as a person. I think he is so inspiring to tell his horrible life story as a young child. My husband had the joy of meeting him at a book signing (he also lives where I am from!) and he's a very kind man as well.






No comments:

Post a Comment