Saturday, March 22, 2014

Book reviews


200 Skills every cook must have by Claura Paul & Eric Trueille

I liked this book because it shows how to cut up various meats. This book would have come in handy the other day when my husband & I made lobster at home for the first time (although youtube did come to the rescue!). Another must buy book if you cook a lot of meat.


The complete leafy green cookbook by Susan Sampson

I have a hard time figuring out new ways to prepare leafy green veggies or you know, any veggies at all. This book had a plethora of recipes for every leafy green you could imagine and then some.


Hidden Girl: The True Story of a Modern-Day Child Slave by Hall, Shyima


I was surprised to find this was a YA book half way through reading this book. It's about a girl from Egypt whose family gets blackmailed into selling her to a family to be their slave. If you aren't already aware of how rampant human trafficking is this book will enlighten you.



5 comments:

  1. These all sound good!
    The cookbooks both sound helpful to me....cutting up meat is intimidating to me for sure!

    Hope you have a great weekend Kristy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, you too! :) I hope you can get your hands on these books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to have to find the book Hidden Girl. I have always heard mixed reviews about it. Thanks for sharing.

    ~Devgel Follow Me #24

    ReplyDelete
  4. The book Hidden Girl sounds very interesting. Thanks for sharing

    ~Devgel~~Follow me #24

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristy, this is an issue in Ukraine, as well, where I live as an American missionary. It is a heart breaking thing that anyone would have to live as a slave. I tried liking your page 3 times last night. Then I tried again this morning 3 times. Don't know why it's not letting me, but I"ll keep trying. I hope it is not a Ukraine things. Sometimes we get blocked due to our location.

    ReplyDelete