Friday, August 29, 2014

Robin Williams

It's been a little over two weeks since Robin Williams took his life. I don't know about any of you but I am still in utter shock over this & I don't know when it will sink in. It makes me so incredibly sad that he and all the other people who have chosen to take their life felt that hopeless that they could no longer deal with what they had to deal with.

I didn't know I was a fan of so many of Robin's movies until I saw how many he was in. My husband was a huge fan of his and was very sad when I told him he had taken his life. He actually didn't believe me (not that I EVER joke about death), I think because it's just so confusing..someone who loved to make people double over in laughter was dealing with dark demons himself. Because Robin was a huge military supporter (LOVE when celebrities are big supporters of our US military)my husband was lucky enough to not only see him in Iraq but also shake his hand. Below are some his movies I've enjoyed that he's been in.

Rv
This movie is so, so funny. It's about a family of four who seem to be living different lives all under the same roof but the parents decide to rent an RV and take a road trip.




August Rush
This movie is about an orphaned young boy who is a musical prodigy..he meets up with the Williams character who is a bit sheisty.



Jumanji I remember the day I saw this movie in the movie theaters with my cousins. I've seen this movie so many times. It's about a kid who plays a boardgame that takes him to another world, a very unsafe world.



Aladdin Oddly enough I know the entire opening line to this movie. He played the genie as we all know.

One movie I did not like was 1 hour photo, while he did excellent in it (maybe too good because after seeing that movie I found him to be creepy, ha!) I just thought that movie was just way too creepy.





I would be remiss if I didn't include a suicide hotline number 1-800-273-8255 in this post to call if you feel this is the route you have to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment